Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Have You Ever Wondered ?

Where babies come from ... well not if you're
my age.  What a miracle reproduction of life is.
In Jr. college I had a zoology teacher that used
to demonstrate how amazing it was by telling
how great it would be to park your Chevy in
the garage at night. In the morning go out to
that garage and be surprised by a new Corvette
parked next to it's parent the Chevy.

Well, what's this leading to? Check out what
my band saw did. 


Oh OK, I got this baby band saw to take care of
some of the real small stuff I make. That big band
saw was just to much work when it was time to
change blades from 3/4" wide to 1/8" wide. Plus
those damn blades cost $27.00 for the big saw, 
and &11.00 for the small. I go through about
three a year. The new saw was $200.00, so in 
about four years it will pay for itself.

8 comments:

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Where is the table to the new saw?

The Conservative Lady said...

You do such beautiful work, and anything to make it a little easier, I'm sure is welcome. Happy sawing!

HoneySage said...

I love your rationalizing the 4 year pay off...LOL! Does this mean we will start seeing more smaller things? I love your work! Happy Dust making! Give my best to the Lint maker, also!

Supi said...

So happy you bought yourself a baby band saw.

Dust'n Lint said...

Christopher, I was putting it together at this time. Truth be known, I'm returning this one and have ordered it's bigger cousin. Seems the cutting height of this one was an inch lower than advertised. Seems they make two of these and the one I wanted was an inch higher. Neither I or the store knew this so a replacement is on it's way ... go figure.

Dust'n Lint said...

Lady, it will be fun to use that little guy. It was quite an ordeal changing those blades on bubba.

Dust'n Lint said...

OhioMomPatriot, I make quite a few very small little band saw boxes. That's what this saw was for. They're only 1 1/2" front to back, 1 1/4" wide, and 1 1/8" high. I sell them a lot as "Tooth Fairy Boxes".

Dust'n Lint said...

Supi, ARHHHH! Man Toys!