Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Bank For Cruz . . . Part 5


EEK!!! it's a monster .... not really. It's just me with my
protective mask on. Lacquer vapors are very dangerous
to breathe. With this mask on I can't ever smell the lacquer.
 Here's your bank with the bottom off after a couple of
coats of lacquer applied. I take off the bottom because
the lacquer will stick them together and it will be hard
to get the bank opened.
Here's a whole bunch of boxes being lacquered at the
same time you bank is being done.
Here's your finished bank again.
Here's my booth where Grandma and Grandpa picked
up your bank. Enjoy you bank, Cruz.

4 comments:

Supi said...

Your rough unfinihed drying table reminds me of my dad. The only wooden thing he ever put some sort of finish on it was the Mother-in-law box. It was a big wooden box that went under the camper to carry chairs.


Dust'n Lint said...

Supi, come to think of it, nothing in the shop is finished. It all looks like that table.

trailbee said...

This is so great. Thank you. I'm sending the link to my daughter who will show it to Cruz. Thank you.

Dust'n Lint said...

Trailbee, it's my pleasure. It was very much a labor of love ... the posts and the bank.