Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Weedpot ... Not That Kind of Weed

I thought I would show you and a couple of friends
the progress of their order. A weedpot is actually for
dried flowers. It has a hole drilled into the top to accept
the dried flowers or a test tube for a single green flower.
 I started with a blank 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" x 13"
 It this point I've just knocked off the corners.
 I have now turned it completely round.
 This is what my arm looks like after a short while.
This could be a problem. The wood (Walnut) I had on hand
was a little greener than I thought. These cracks are a result
of moisture in the wood that dries out. So now I get to chase
the crack. Which means I turn the piece until the crack is
gone. When I drilled the hole water was on the drill bit when
I finished. I might have to glue up dry pieces I have on hand
and start again. I'll know later today. I thought I would let
it be last night to allow it to do what it will. Now it's back
out there to gitter done. 

No comments: